Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mr Milquetoast

Dr. G. Campbell Morgan told about a friend of his and his wife’s who was a very brilliant woman. She had a strong personality, was an outstanding person, and was not married. He asked her one day the pointed question, “Why have you never married?” Her answer was, “I have never found a man who could master me.” So she never married. May I say that until a woman finds that man, she would make a mistake to get married. If she marries a Mr. Milquetoast, she will be in trouble from that day on.
I thought that this quote was too good not to pass along - as it is the reason I have passed up potential suitors.

I also believe that it has provided a good word of the day: Milquetoast - a very timid, unassertive, spineless person, especially one who is easily dominated or intimidated.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails